Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm a "Rescue"

Recently my husband took the girls and I to see Disney's movie, Tron. When it initially began, I thought, "This is not my type of movie." But knowing how the girls love their Wii games, I thought they might just like it.

Well, I am working on another article, and I have to say I get tickled and amazed at where the Lord tends to speak to my heart and the sources He tends to use. As I'm watching the movie, I hear, "I guess you could say I'm a 'rescue.'" The movie had absolutely nothing to do with Jesus or anything spiritual really, but that is exactly where my mind went. I grabbed the closest napkin and wrote those words down. I felt that was exactly where the Lord was taking me with my article. And I just had to praise Jesus that yes, I'm a "rescue." My Savior has surely rescued me and continues to. He is our hope, our life-line, our everything.

When the movie was over, I was so excited over my Savior that when Brian asked me if I liked the movie, I said, "I loved it!" He said, "I didn't think you'd like it." Let's just say that I loved the message I received from the Lord during the movie ... I'm a rescue!

The Lord certainly used my husband and my girls to help rescue me, as well. I can't imagine where I'd be without them. Sitting in that movie theatre, seeing some silly movie ... all four of us ... the girls eating popcorn, Brian eating mini hamburgers and me melting over chips and cheese ... I thank the Lord for my family, but mostly that He loves us so much that He cares to talk to our hearts. To change us. He doesn't abandon us. He rescues us. And life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed by you, Shelli