Monday, December 21, 2015

A Very, Very Merry Christmas Vlog From Me to You!


Thank you for always stopping by. 
I am so blessed by you, to know you, to hear from you. 
Thank you for all of your selves that you weekly give to me.
Every moment that I've thought to myself, Shelli, what are you doing? 
You answer my question by helping push me to keep going, dig deeper, and be better.
You are dear to my heart ... don't ever doubt it.
I'm excited and hopeful to share 2016 with you.
And if you have about 4 minutes to spare, I'd like to talk to you from Texas ... about what to scrape your life on ... how not to scrape make-up on your shirt ... how to properly remove a shirt ... well, y'all know me. 
Silly things always happen to me.
But I love laughter, joy, reasons to smile.
Listen for my sheep in the background.
And I'm sorry I'm not better at this video-recording vlog thing.
And Jesus ... the reason for every breath we take ... glory to God on the highest.
Love,
Shelli



From my home to yours ...



 Come inside ...
This writing inspiration might look familiar to some of you.

Our tree ... see the cats underneath?



Me and my girls


14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful message, Shelli?! 'These are the things that we want to scrap ourselves on'...just wow. I was looking back at my Bible and my parents gave it too me in 2001 and I don't know that I would have had the same generosity. Definitely something to think and reflect on...true generosity.

    So glad to watch your vlog and see your smiling face! Wishing you a lots of love and laughter this Christmas and Blessings in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Simone! You made my day. You are a ray of sunshine. You really are. When I think of you, I think "sunshine." That Bible ... when I talked to her about it ... I could see the pain in her face. She knew she'd done the right thing, but it was painful. And she was searching for a new Bible. I'm praying she finds the right Bible, and God blesses her in such an amazing way for that sacrifice. I never thought of giving away a Bible as a sacrifice ... but it sure can be. ;) You are so dear to me.

      Delete
  2. Oh, what beautiful insight, my friend. This is just precious. Merry Christmas to you and yours~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you. I wish you could have heard that lady with me ... I can't even begin to tell the story like she did. Merry Christmas to you, too, sweet friend. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Dear Shelli, I love your vlog, your accent, and your message. I keep coming back to read your words because I'm always encouraged in my faith walk when I do. Merry Christmas, sweet friend.
    Hugs & blessings for 2016 ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You brought tears to my eyes, Wendy. I hope you never stop coming here. I'd miss you so much. And that's exactly why I visit your blog home weekly ... you bless me so much. Merry Christmas! xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful home. I can see it's full of love!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie! Thank you. Thank you for coming by and letting me know. You are a blessing to me. And I'm so thrilled for your family ... your son ... just a beautiful couple. I'm so thankful that I got to meet you in person this year. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas Shelli. Great message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gene. So much. I hope your Christmas is a blessed one.

      Delete
  6. I too love hearing your voice, Shelli with that sweet accent! Loved hearing the sheep in the background too that you have written about. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Melodie! Thank you! I'm like my grandmother though ... she froze up on the camera! I try not to, but I come by it honest, I guess. :)

      Delete
  7. I love this, Shelli! Thank you so much for taking the time to prepare this wonderful post - and most of all, thank you for your friendship.

    I hope y'all have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Andrew ... thank you for taking your precious time to be here. Your friendship is so special to me. I can't even begin to think of all the ways you've encouraged me on this writing journey. I'm praying for God to use us all ... in big ways. Have a beautiful Christmas!

      Delete

Blessed by you, Shelli