Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The Land of Haves

The leaves loosen and fall on the walk down my windy driveway. Sometimes they tumble to my head and startle me, thinking of grasshoppers, spiders, or bees. But this time of year is my favorite, on these five wooded acres of Texas land. The trees’ crowning glory are left barren but beautiful. Minus the greenery, the clear light and bright background serves for the best photos.
As my daughter and I ease onto our county road, the colorful display of browning foliage continues to float on the air from the tip-top branches to settle on the ground. Step after step, heading to the bend in the road, I ponder this newsletter, my first one, and I wonder what I have to give.
And there amidst the wonderland of trees, I yearn to fall to my knees and plead with God to show me. What have I?
The loss of my dad this year stripped my life bare. My mom passed in 2020. I find myself an orphan and a little lost. Will I find my way? What do you have to give? I ask again. My mind feels empty along with my heart. My thoughts toss with all I’ve lost—the have nots.
Click here to subscribe to my newsletter, to continue reading. Grab a coffee or a cup of tea and take a seat by me in the rocking chair on the front porch. Let's laugh together, pray for each other, and talk books, life, writing, photography, and giveaways.
Blessed by you,
Shelli



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed by you, Shelli