Monday, August 21, 2017

Shards Of Glass: Letting Go Of Fear In The Grip Of Pain


"Something pierces the inside of my cheek.

As I feel for the problem, piece after piece breaks apart. It’s not just one. More break apart, more crumble. Opening my mouth, I empty the multiplying fragments into my hands. Like shards of glass. With one sharp and shiny piece after another, my hands begin to fill. They never stop coming. So many. More than I can hold. I grasp for them."

DSC_7840 (6) - Copy

Sometimes hard times--nightmares--call for dancing. Because so much has happened to my family since January--health issues, loss, rejection. Instead of allowing the broken pieces to fall into the hands of my Savior, I always tend to initially internalize the pain. 

So I am honored to be a guest writer at Jerusha Agen's website, sharing about my struggles in dealing and not dealing with the pain and fear. I appreciate Jerusha for the invitation. Please click on the link to join me there for more of the story ... and a giveaway.

Love, Shelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed by you, Shelli